Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Back in the groove - or trying to be!

Today is going to be great, I can feel it! Does anyone else ever have those days? I am finally recovered from our mission trip - at least I think I am. That sleeping 12 hours or more a day was getting old. And I find myself beginning to process the things God showed me during our week away. Amazing, isn't it, how God gives us just what we need and then helps us understand. I feel so very full right now.

And, tonight, I am teaching. That may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but it is huge for me. I haven't taught in my church (with the exception of filling in or two-week programs) for over 3 years. There are many reasons for that - some rooted in my selfishness, some rooted in timing, and some rooted in lessons God has been teaching me. It's amazing what freedom feels like when it comes from absolute submission to God. When I finally let Him have my frustrations, my fears, my ego, my pride - when I laid all of it down and then fell on top of it, He gently picked me up and wiped me off. And now, He has given me the privilege of teaching again. It is different now. Now I understand that it is HIM not me. That seems like something I should have known all along; but, I didn't. I said it, of course, because I know all the lingo. But I didn't mean it. It taken God awhile to get through to me - to humble me. I am thankful that the work, most of it, was done in private. It was hard enough to confront all those truths in my prayer closet - I can't imagine doing it in full view of everyone.

So, I think I'm back. I have a joy inside me that has long been missing. And I have that peace that only God can give.

It's going to be a great day.

No comments: