Thursday, August 23, 2007

From my "real" journal this morning ...

Scott and Chu (Casiday) are cuddled up together in his chair sleeping. It's 6:11 a.m. and the only sounds in the house are the soft snores of my husband and daughter, the gentle hum of the ceiling fan, and that comforting drip of my coffee maker. I am curled up in my favorite corner of the couch with my Bible, this journal, and my Bible study book, wearing my favorite robe. And my only thought is this - God is so good!

Lord, You amaze me. Your protection and provision. Your mercy and grace. Your love and comfort. Your joy and peace. My life is rich and full - and I praise You! Forgive me for the many times I ive without a grateful heart. Change my eyes, O Lord, to see what You see - beauty and blessing. Give me a heart like Yours - to comfort others in sorrow, to share in another's joy without envy, to love deeply and sacrificially.

Father, my Adonai, You are the one true God! Jehovah Nissi - my Banner who goes before me. Jehovah Jireh - my provider who knows my needs and cares for me. Jehovah Rohi - my sweet Shepherd who gently guides and corrects me. Jehovah Rophe - my healer of broken body, broken heart, and broken spirit. Oh God, You are MY God and I will earnestly seek You, passionately praise You, faithfully serve You. I will praise You, my Rock, my Stronghold, my King! Blessed be the name of the Lord!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Teri,
You are TRULY an encouragement to ME! God bless you! When things are rough, its nice to have a reminder of how good God is -all the time. Thank you so much for the reminder to seek out the beauty and the blessings that God gives us EVERY day! Bless you for sharing, sweet sister!