Wednesday, August 8, 2007

One more week ...

Just one week left until school starts! Yea! Maybe I'm not a good mom, maybe I'm too selfish, maybe my child drives me crazy sometimes, maybe a lot of things .... all I know is she's ready to go back and I'm ready for her to go back! One week from tomorrow is the first day of school and everyone in our house is very excited.

Second grade ... how did that happen? Seems unreal to me that she could already be in 2nd grade. Of course, she acts like she's going into high school. She's obsessed with High School Musical 2 and all things Disney Channel. She's a part of the "Hannah Montana Club" she and her friends have started. Each week one of them is "Captain Hannah" with all the honor and duty that entails. >grin<

Dance also starts back next week. That's a partial yea. She loves it and I love that she does it; but, it's a pain at times. I'm afraid I'm not a good dance mom. I hate sitting there listening to the mundane conversation about absolutely nothing significant between the mothers while our children dance. I usually leave the studio and go do something - anything - else. Unfortunately, the only real place to go during that timespan is Big Lots - which is not always very exciting. This year we are adding Jazz class. She took a combination ballet/tap class for two years and last year did just ballet. She loves Ballet. But, I felt like it was time to add a little more. So, since she hates Tap - Jazz it is. We'll see how it goes. First semester is all about "The Nutcracker" anyway. So, the focus will be on Ballet, I'm sure.

2 comments:

Aunt N said...

Wow, I can't believe our baby should be in the 2nd grade either. I'm glad she is excited about it though. Your "little Princess". Is the High School Musical 2 CD set out already? Greer said she wants it for her birthday. I guess I'll go shopping. It will soon be time to start thinking about Christmas...where did the year go? Love you! Aunt Norma

Anonymous said...

I have an almost-second grader too! Eek. She & her almost-fifth-grade sister are counting down the days until HS Musical 2! We just got the HS Musical 1 soundtrack today...

Jazz is a little more casual than ballet, and will most likely be an easier transition for her than tap, which is really a different sort of dance altogether. M1, my ballerina, just took jazz for the first time last year and LOVED it once she realized it uses many of the same movements as ballet. M2 took gymnastics last year but is moving back to dance this fall. Yay for being a dance mom!