Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I cannot believe it is 2009! Scott and I were talking last night about how far away 2010 seemed when the movie "2010" came out. Now, it's next year ... how did that happen? :)

I am looking forward to this year. As I am a goal-setter, I have my list of resolutions set and am excited to see what the year ahead will bring. Among my goals for the coming months is finishing my book. I've been working on "Lessons from the Hundred Acre Wood: Spiritual Truths from Winnie-the-Pooh and Friends" for several years. And this is the year of finishing! Timeline for completion and submission is determined and the immediate task at hand is to finish writing the last three chapters.

I also want to make more time for QUIET in my life. Like so many I stay busy and, while much of what I do is "good" busy, it's busy nonetheless. And I find myself craving silence ... Pslam 46:10 echoes through my soul, "Be still and know that I am God..." I wonder how much of knowning GOD I am missing because of the lack of stillness in my life. So I am scheduling quiet and still into my days. It likely means getting up ealier in the morning but what a beautiful trade-off.

Another one of my resultions is to become more active. My life has become pretty sedentary and I realize the health risks of that ... but also that I am not being a good steward of myself when I am not exercising and taking care of my body. So, along with making several eating changes, I am going to make a commitment to daily exercise of some sort.

My final "resolution" is for my family ... I can't believe Casiday is almost 9. In 10 years, she'll have completed her first semester in college and I feel like the days are rushing by. So, FAMILY NIGHT is a high priority on my weekly agenda. Last year, Scott and I overbooked ourselves and had too many nights each week filled with commitments. The year ahead is going to be family-focused. More time together, making little momentsi into precious memories.

I love January 1 ... every year it is like a blank slate, a do-over opportunity. And this year, I'm grabbing hold. GOD has so richly blessed me ... James 1:17 keeps coming to my mind, over and over, a gentle reminder from the GOD who loves me so that EVERY gift comes from Him. So, for 2009 that's my desire ... to live in the beautiful truth that "Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow" (James 1:17, NAS).

No comments: