Monday, May 11, 2009

Fab Five ... Week ending May 9, 2009

1. Books. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read. So, I am always reading at least two or three books. Anyone have any good recommendations? Post in my comments ... I am always looking for something new.

2. Blogging. I think I am officially addicted. I love writing them, reading them, searching for them. For all the woes we often hear about technology, reading blogs written by other moms or pastors wives or wannabe writers or just about anyone makes me feel more connected, more normal, and more like a part of the greater community. Plus, I like that when I hit "Publish Post" I can say I am "published"! Ahh, one day, that dream will come true!!

3. Coffee. Yeah, I know this has made the list before, but I love a good cup of coffee. And I'm enjoying the last of my Auburn City Blend from Toomer's Coffee in Auburn, Alabama. Guess I need to order more or make a trip to Auburn to get some more! (And since I cannot mention the city of Auburn without doing this as well ~ WAR EAGLE!!!)

4. Spring cleaning. Yes, for an OCD type like myself, spring cleaning makes the Fab Five. I've joined the Spring Cleaning Party on Simple Mom (and dragged my sister-in-law Beth into it kicking and screaming!). It has been great! Last week I got my house decluttered and my kitchen and living room cleaned and organized. What fun! And since the party lasts two weeks, you can probably be confident that Spring Cleanign will make next week's Fab Five list too.

5. Good friends. You know the kind that you can go months without having a conversation with but when you talk it is as if no time has passed? I am blessed with many of this kind of friend in my life. Some of whom I have never actually met! God has put some amazing women in my life during this season - they are encouraging, supportive, loving, amazingly hilarious, tender, kind, godly ... and I am humbled and honored to call each a friend. The live in Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Washington, Illinois, Missouri, Texas, North Dakota, and Kansas. What a joy to share this journey of life with so many fantabulous women! Thank you to ALL of you! I love you!!

4 comments:

Pattie said...

and don't forget North Dakota :p

Love you Teri!!!

Josh Shirley said...

Teri Lynn,
You should read "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper. It's a great book. Also, "The Pursuit of Holiness" by Jerry Bridges

Teri Lynne Underwood said...

Pattie, added ND on my post-posting proof!! Can't believe I left that one out ... Love ya!!

Teri Lynne Underwood said...

Thanks, Josh! I'm building my list of "beach reads" for the summer. Adding those to the list. Love Piper's stuff!