Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Okay, so I was visiting one of my favorite blogs, Three Blondes & a Redhead, and Katie has this little button about 101 in 1001. Intrigued, I clicked on it and it took me to her blog about setting 101 measurable, achievable goals to be accomplished in 1001 days (which is roughly 2-3/4 years). I read her list which you can find here and was fascinated. What a great idea!!
I immediately forwarded the link to Beth (my sister-in-law/co-conspirator in all things online) and told her we should do this. Beth, has not committed yet but she is still in the midst of Spring Cleaning from Simple Mom so I have hopes that she'll join this when she finishes.
Okay, all that aside, it took me almost all day to make a list. I read about 20 other blogs of those who are participating in the 101 in 1001 challenge as well as countless other blogs with New Year's Resolutions and various other "goals" type tags. After randomly "borrowing" ideas from many of them I finally finished my list. Oh and by the way based on my calculations (using my at-times feeble math skills), the 1001 days will end on September 28, 2011.
And here it is ...
1. Finish writing my book ~ "Lessons from the Hundred Acre Woods: Spiritual Truths from Winnie-the-Pooh and Friends."
2. Submit said book to at least five publishers.
3. Start an online Bible study. Yea! Did this beginning in June 09. You can find my study on Philippians at Pleasing to You!
4. Catch up on our BIBC scrapbook.
5. Sort through all the school papers I have saved since Casiday started preschool. That means 6 years worth of papers ~ ugh!!
6. Take a Greek class.
7. Take a Hebrew class.
8. Speak at a women's conference.
9. Make the bed every day for one month.
10. Spend an hour per week in absolute silence for three months.
11. Memorize James 1. (I did this a few years ago and didn't keep it fresh so now I need to do it again.)
12. Watch a sunrise on the beach.
13. Write letters to my grandparents telling them how very much I love them.
14. Plan & take a trip with my amazing sister-in-law Beth (and maybe our girls!).
15. Take a dance class.
16. Try sushi.
17. Teach another class on the Jewish wedding.
18. Teach a class on the Jewish festivals and how they relate to our Christian faith.
19. Complete a 40-day fast using "The Journey to Wholeness & Holiness."
20. Go on a cruise.
21. Buy groceries with a weekly cash allowance for one month.
22. Get 25 comments on a single blog post. 5/22/09 ~~ Okay, Natalie "corrected" me and so I am modifying this to make it a goal rather than a desire. (Thanks, Natalie!!) My GOAL is to write a post that is relevant and meaningful to at least 25 people (who will hopefully leave a comment to that end).
23. Make all Christmas presents for nonfamily.
24. Reconcile with at least one person I have offended.
25. Go a whole week without raising my voice at Casiday.
26. Teach Casiday to make one meal all by herself. Done! She can now make spaghetti by herself!! June 2009
27. Start a journal for me and my niece, Jeffie Jean.
28. Talk to one out-of-town friend per week for one month.
29. Be a guest columnist an at least one other blog.
30. Read through the entire Bible - even Leviticus. :)
31. Take Casiday to the "real" theatre - preferably the Fox Theatre in Atlanta.
32. Do a mission trip as a family.
33. Paint my bedroom.
34. Paint Scott's study aka "The Christmas Room."
35. Put out a bird feeder.
36. Develop a plan for the backyard.
37. Have a girls night at least two times a year.
38. Learn to make jewelry.
39. Save an emergency fund of $1000 ~ thanks Dave Ramsey!
40. Pay off credit cards.
41. Drink 32 ounces of water BEFORE drinking anything else ~ even coffee ~ for 21 days straight.
42. Lose 15 pounds.
43. Have a new family portrait made on the beach. May 2009! Thanks, Kathy!
44. Spend a day in downtown Savannah.
45. Visit Charleston for a few days with Scott.
46. Use my golf clubs at least once.
47. Play piano for 30 minutes three times a week for one month.
48. Read 100 books.
49. Develop and stick to a blogging schedule. In process, I have a schedule ... now must stick to it! June 2009
50. Do WiiFit workout four times a week for six months.
51. Get up at 5:30 a.m. daily for 30 days straight for prayer and Bible study.
52. Write letters to Scott's grandmothers.
53. Spend time at Momma & Daddy's when both my brothers are there - and take lots of pictures!
54. Finish my "Pay it Forward" gifts.
55. Learn how to design my blog layout.
56. Order Disney pics and make scrapbook.
57. Get new bedding for our room.
58. Teach Casiday how to put her hair into a ponytail by herself. YAY! June 2009
59. Take off my makeup every night for one month.
60. Floss daily for one month.
61. Compliment Scott about something specific every day for one month.
62. Create a family mission statement and frame it. (Thanks, Katie!!)
63. Write a letter of thanks to both of my parents.
64. Buy all new towels for both bathrooms.
65. Try a new recipe every month.
66. Go to bed by 10 p.m. every day for one week.
67. Get an estimate on repairing front bumper.
68. Speak "Praise Only" for one week.
69. Get eye exam and new glasses.
70. Schedule eye exam for Casiday.
71. Schedule a dental appointment for Casiday.
72. Buy five outfits I love and feel amazing in. In process, I now have two!
73. Watch "Gone with the Wind."
74. Learn to play bass at "hard" level on Guitar Hero World Tour.
75. Buy a flatscreen TV.
76. Get "The West Wing" ~ all seasons ~ on DVD.
77. Submit an article to a magazine.
78. Get a massage at least once a year.
79. Pay cash for everything for one month.
80. Join the Y.
81. Take a cycling class.
82. Go to consignment stores to look for jeans and great black pants.
83. Paint a family plate at Color Me Happy.
84. Start a Christmas Club account at the bank.
85. Do a three-day media fast.
86. Have ice cream for dinner!
87. See an Auburn football game live.
88. Institute Family Night once a month - and make it active! For example, bowling, beach, etc.
89. Go golfing as a family ~ or at least to the driving range.
90. Take a 24-hour prayer retreat by myself. No phone, no computer ~ just my Bible and journal.
91. Encourage Beth to submit one or more of her blogs to a magazine. Seriously, the girl can write!!
92. Go to the firing range. (Just have this bizarre desire to shoot a gun.)
93. Finish the Rudolph quilt.
94. Go to MOSH with Scott & Casiday.
95. Start a meme on my blog.
96. Add a counter to my blog. 5/22/09 Yea me!!
97. Make an encouragement calendar for at least one friend.
98. Put new floors in the kitchen & dining room at the house in Muscle Shoals.
99. Look into do product reviews on my blog.
100. Take a spontaneous road trip so that Casiday can see snow.
101. Go to St. Augustine and spend the day with Scott.